KasBar problem with fedora 1

William W. Austin waustin at speakeasy.net
Mon May 10 14:31:46 UTC 2004

I have looked through the back mail archives and have not found any
metion of this one -- sorry if someone has already answered it.

Recently I installed fedora (on an athlon box previously runnin rh9 with
KDE) and under KDE there is a problem with the Kasbar.

Normally the KasBar contains icons for all of the running programs and
is very conventient; however, generally the last few programs started to
not *appear* to show up on the KasBar.

However, if I got its configuration screen and change the icon size,
then *all* of the icons show up again as normal.  For a while, anyway.

Afterwards (not icon-size dependent, apparently) if I iconize a window
or click on one of the iconized items on the KasBar, the relevent icon
may go away (but can be restored as described above).

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and if so is there a solution?

Relevent info:

	kde 3.1.4
	kernel-2.4.22-1.2188 (athlon) [ bug is kernel-independent ]
	glibc-2.3.2-101.4

Thanks in advance.

William W. Austin                          waustin at speakeasy.net
					   bill at dsl027-161-026.atl1.dsl.speakeasy.net
               "Life is just a phase I'm going through..."