megaraid driver on a PE2650

Avery schrock at dayzed.com
Mon May 10 21:10:58 UTC 2004

Rob,

Thanks for your help again. After updateing the PE2650 to the latest PERC3 DC firmware
and driver I am now getting closer to the speeds I should be at. I was running firmware
version 1.91 and am now running 196T. Boy it sure runs smoother now ;) , but its still
not where it should be. Things ran really smooth on Suse I just don't get why they are
not as good with fedora after updating everything. I can see/feel the performance
difference between the 2 distro's just not as much now with the latest firmware and
driver.

[root at mail root]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  176 MB in  3.01 seconds =  58.47 MB/sec
[root at mail root]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  258 MB in  3.00 seconds =  86.00 MB/sec
[root at mail root]# /sbin/hdparm -t /dev/sda
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads:  258 MB in  3.00 seconds =  86.00 MB/sec
[root at mail root]#

--
Avery