Display Settings

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue May 11 01:52:43 UTC 2004

Paul Vandenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I have my display set to "millions of colours", many games like
> FooBilliard, Emilia Pinball and TuxRacer run very slowly. However, if I
> set my display to 'thousands of "colours", every runs OK. What would be
> the cause of this? I could live with "thousands of colours", but some
> websites don't render very well under this setting.
>
> Thanks....Paul

Video card software/hardware problem.

You don't tell us what hardware you're running, or what version of X
you're running, I'm only assuming you're running FC1, and you don't
specify what other vendor drivers you are running for your video card if
any.

So this could be a total assumption ofcourse.

Regards,
Ed.