Call for Yum Frontend

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Tue May 11 02:31:12 UTC 2004

Davy Brion said:

> ok, but apt doesn't come with Fedora by default.  Yum does come with
> fedora. I don't know why yum was chosen over apt, personally i prefer
> yum but i don't really want to get into that argument right now... but
> there were probably valid reasons as to why yum was chosen instead of
> apt.  So why not take full advantage of yum and make it as easy to use
> as possible to new Fedora users?

well, apt doesn't come on the fedora DISCS, but it is a part of the
official fedora EXTRAS, which is housed at www.fedora.us.

you'll find tons of programs there for fedora.

-d

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991