Fedora Core 2 on schedule?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue May 11 22:07:09 UTC 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 15:09 5/11/2004, Jeff Vian wrote:
>
>> In my experience the servers are swamped for the first few days, so I
>> usually wait for a while to do the download, and then use a mirror.
>> Even if it is available on the 17th you likely would not have it
>> downloaded for 1-2 days so a 1 day delay is nothing.
>

> Entirely true. However, when reading my other email, keep in mind the
> PR, community relations, and promotion/professionalism facets of
> keeping up good communication.
>
> Having a one-day delay instead of a six-month delay is a wonderful
> thing. Having only a single-day delay, *and* having the thoughtful
> attention to detail and consideration for your users to post that
> information is even better.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks Rodolfo,  I have to agree with that.
And your view on PR and professionalism is right on the mark.

However, my comment about planning for things to happen that hinge on a
projected future event still stands.  Those who are planning based on
the date the event (release) is projected should always allow some time
for possible slippage of things that are not in their control.  That is
professionalism at its best.  Under promise & over deliver.  Thus you
are not left at the mercy of someone else's failures.