Why Would Fedora be Free ? Can it be Trusted?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed May 12 15:14:22 UTC 2004

At 08:52 5/12/2004, Robin Laing wrote:
>The P90 still runs as a file server.  I am going to try FC on it just for
>the fun of it.

Just make sure you can get 64MB RAM into it for the install in text mode.
Anaconda (the installer) actually has larger memory requirements than the
operating system. If you have only 32MB for example, get another 32MB to
put in the box, install it in text mode, then when you reboot, remove the
32MB. FC1 will run fine on a P/90 system with 32MB of RAM and at least a
600MB or 800MB hard drive. I'm doing it on several machines.

I also suggest you look at my "Small Netserver HOWTO" [1]. This HOWTO is in
ALPHA stage and not ready yet, but it *will* tell you how to install a
useful FC1 system into the smallest possible disk footprint (around 400MB
after removing unnecessary packages).

[1] http://www.simpaticus.com/linux

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz