Using 1280x800 WXGA resolution on notebook

slukshides at comcast.net slukshides at comcast.net
Wed May 12 19:45:52 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have an eMachines M2105 notebook that has a 1280x800 WXGA display driven by an Intel 82852/82855 GM chip.  The Fedora installer, even test 3 of FC2, does not offer this resolution setting at install time.  Instead the display is run at 1024x768 with the hardware, I suppose, stretching the image to fill the screen.  Several suggestions I came across for using this resolution on other notebooks failed to work with the eMachines M2105.  Of course, eMachines was of absolutely no help.  The latest Knoppix also would not drive the screen at this resolution.

Does anyone else on this list have this machine?  Have you had success getting either the WXGA display resolution or the sound to work?

Also, is anyone aware if FC2 final will suppot WXGA?

Thanks,
Steve