partition limits on scsi drives?

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Wed May 12 23:26:46 UTC 2004

What if any are the partition limits on scsi drives?

I have been setting up partition with linux fdisk, the first 3 being
primary partitions and all others inside one big extended partition -
commonly viewed with linux fdisk -l as  Win95 Ext'd (LBA).

In otherwords, I setup scsi drives the same as ide drives.

Do scsi drives have this same partition limit as ide drives or is this
a limitation of the fdisk tool or system bios?

Furthermore, why is an extended partition listed in Linux as a
"Win95" Ext'd (LBA)?

jay