Email client for Exchange

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Thu May 13 12:26:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 08:04:47AM -0400, Michael Weiner wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 06:47, Dave Cross wrote:
> > Evolution will talk to Exchange using the Evolution Connector (formerly
> > Ximian Connector). And it was just made open source yesterday.
> >
> >   http://www.novell.com/products/connector/
> >
> > Unfortunately Fedora isn't currently a supported distribution, but it
> > _is_ possible to get it to work with a bit of fiddling.
>
> DO you mean the channel is not yet there for fc1 ?? Or are the packages
> not even built? I have upgraded my redcarpet install which works well, but
> noticed there is no Ximian Connector channel to subscribe to. Anyone else
> have any luck?
>
> What was your fiddling?

See, I knew at the time I should have written it all down so I could
share it with others later. But I didn't listen to myself and now I
can't remember :(

I know that I tried to use redcarpet, but that it didn't work. RC is
clever enough to know that if you're using Fedore then you shouldn't
try to install Connector (as it's unsupported) and it therefore doesn't
show you the channel.

However, I was able to download the RH9 rpm from

  http://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-connector/

But on checking today I see that this URL has closed down. I guess
that's something to do with the GPL announcements yesterday. I've
put it on my site at

  http://dave.org.uk/rpm/

Then rpm wouldn't install it because some files were missing. A bit
of work on rpmfind.net showed me the RH9 rpms that I was missing. I
grabbed them (There were one or two of them) from the RH9 ftp site
and it all worked.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Dave...

--
  Oh is this the way they say the future's meant to feel
  Or just twenty thousand people standing in a field?