How to Properly Prepare for Move to FC2

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Thu May 13 13:44:38 UTC 2004

I want to move my home system to FC2 when it comes out, however, I want
to migrate my data to the new system. I want to learn what is the proper
method to migrate and keep all the data I've created safe.

I'm trying to head off potential frustration, by good planning in advance.

I understand there are significant differences between FC1 and FC2 that
might mean a fresh install is preferred. If that is the case, can I
simply save everything in /home/username and the files I created in
/var/www/includes and /var/www/html/ to a CD and install them in the
freshly installed FC2?

Should I do an upgrade or fresh install?

Thanks,
Clint
--
Clint Harshaw  <clint at penguinsolutions.org>