needs advice

Jay Daniels drs at pointyhats.com
Thu May 13 14:03:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:42:09PM -0500, Robert Jasinski wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm a old (67)newbie who has just installed fc1 (about 2 wks ago) and I
> couldn't be more tickled if you attacked me with a feather.  Except for
> printing which is mostly equipment problems.  I am planing to replace my
> Lexmark Z22 with a multi function printer and need to know from people
> who have them which one is best.  I also need to have a dot matrix
> printer to print multi part forms.  I haven't been able to get my
> Panasonic KX-P1124i to work properly under Linux so I'll need a
> replacement for it.  I hope someone can help.   Thanks   Bob

I try to avoid multifuction fax/printer/scanners in windows or linux.
They seem to be cheap devices and the paper feed does not work
properly on most grabing 2 sheets at a time.

We have a Xerox multifunction device sitting in the corner collecting
dust.  It was overpriced and did not function properly.  Also, this
multifunction device is huge and ugly.

Most dot matrix printers that work in dos will work in Linux.  I think
the okidata dot matrix work in linux.

Maybe a network printer with a web interface to config the printer
would work best.  Be aware that some of these network printers require
IE to access the setup program to setup the printer.

jay