Kmail Crashing

Rory Gleeson rory at childwelfare.ca
Thu May 13 14:10:19 UTC 2004

Thanks for the tip to try this question on Fedora Test List.  I actually
did but couldn't find a solution.  So far, the response here has been
very helpful.

So, N.Emile, if you think the problem may be aktual, what's the best way
to resolve this?

And, yes, indeed you're right kdepim now holds kmail.  Thanks.

[root at localhost rory]# which kmail
/usr/bin/kmail
[root at localhost rory]# rpm -q -f /usr/bin/kmail
kdepim-3.2.2-2
[root at localhost rory]# rpm -q --whatrequires kdepim
kdepim-devel-3.2.2-2

I don't know if it's best to uninstall kdepim and kdepim-devel first, or
just install new versons over it, although I'm pretty sure Fedore Core 2
tests would have already done that and it hasn't worked.

So, your "aktual" comment might actually be a good clue.

Rory

quote:
I don't think if should. It may be a problem with the aktual
mail itself.

BTW, to the other folks who answered, kmail moved from kdenetwork
to kdepim.

N.Emile...