diary

Jimmy Bradley bmobile40 at bellsouth.net
Thu May 13 18:23:32 UTC 2004

Jay Daniels wrote:

>On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:49:54PM +0530, G Rajesh wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Does gnome has any software that can act as our personal diary? KDE has
>>korganizer to record journals and evolution seems to miss it. Any idea?
>>Rajesh
>>

>emacs / tools / display calendar / Dairy
>
>There is no security for this diary except for the file permissions.
>The diary is kept in a flat file in your home directory.  Very simple
>but usefull.
>
>I am told the gnome pim application was replaced by Evolution.
>

>jay

I have been looking for one myself with no luck. Currently, I'm using a
program called "gjots".
It's not a diary. It's a tree style note taking program. You can get it
from freshmeat.net. The program can be kind of quirky. I had a hard time
getting it to save my datafile, but I got it to save the file by usings
a short 4 letter name for the file.

Jim