exchange replacement

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu May 13 22:40:47 UTC 2004

At 14:34 5/13/2004, Craig Tinson wrote:
>My question is if anyone knows of any *other* projects that are on the go
>that incorporate more of Exchanges functionality.. shared diaries etc..

Stalker Software has been issuing Communigate Pro for years. It's stable,
complete, and replaces Exchange on the backend while you keep using Outlook
up front. You can download an RPM package for it from their website,
install it with a single command, and follow instructions. The admin site
listens on HTTP port 8010 and the web client to HTTP port 8100, if I recall
correctly.

The downloaded RPM is fully functional and free ($0.00). All it does is
append one line to your email messages. You can then buy the package if you
choose; they also have antivirus and antispam modules.

Seems *very* cool... I've only played with the trial version so far. Under
test loads only, but it's been rock-solid on my old server for about two
months now.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz