DEC Ethernet card not working

Richard McGrath richard.mcgrath at bigpond.com
Fri May 14 01:17:06 UTC 2004

When I try to run the command 'ifup eth0', I get:

Tulip device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

On the GUI network config tool, on the hardware tab, I can see the
adapter.  I double click on this and get a dialog box that has, in the
Adapter drop down box (which is disabled):
DECchip 21041 [Tulip pass 3]

The rest of the values on this are blank - is this the problem?

When I do lspci, I can see the adapter and it seems to have IRQ's and
the like.

Thanks,
Richard