FC2-test3 & ATI driver (Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell)

Dwaine Castle dcastle at carolina.rr.com
Fri May 14 02:08:37 UTC 2004

Tom,

I know you're right -- I am now going to have to look for a
CD/DVD diagnostic program or write one myself.  But, I built my
first computer, for a junior high school science fair project in
1963 or 4 and if had kept all the hardware that I've ever
owned...   I threw away my 8 inch floppies about 3 years ago.

I don't want to belabor this point anymore.

There are 2 items that will help me with my move to Linux and
maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
Merrian-Webster has a utility that lets me highlight any word in
a document or browser window and look-up the definition.  I have
become very fond of this feature, but it is not supported in
Linux.  Second, I am a member of Grid.org, so my XP computer is
constantly running Ligand fits for Cancer, Anthrax or Smallpox
research.  United Devices, that runs the project, does not
support the Linux platform, so is there another similar
organization that does support a Linux platform?

Thanks.
Dwaine