FC2-test3 & ATI driver (Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell)

Matt Hansen helios82 at optushome.com.au
Fri May 14 06:06:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 14:15, Jay Daniels wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:08:37PM -0400, Dwaine Castle wrote:

 <snip>
> > There are 2 items that will help me with my move to Linux and
> > maybe someone can point me in the right direction.
> > Merrian-Webster has a utility that lets me highlight any word in
> > a document or browser window and look-up the definition.  I have
> > become very fond of this feature, but it is not supported in
> > Linux.  Second, I am a member of Grid.org, so my XP computer is
>
> As for dictionary tools, Fedora has a builtin dictionary tool under
> accessories called "Dictionary"  aka gnome-dictionary.  It's a client
> for the mit dict server.
  <more snip>

You can also put this dictionary tool on the panel as an applet. I find
it very useful this way. Just right-click, Add to panel -> Accessories,
Dictionary Lookup.

Regards,
-Matt
--
"Would you buy a car with the hood welded shut?"
 - Bob Young on the benefits of the open source development model.