cd burning utilities

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 14 15:46:56 UTC 2004

David L Norris wrote:

> Others have mentioned K3B or X-CDRoast if you need a program with 10
> million options and dialogs/menus 6 levels deep.  (e.g. making a
> bootable CD)  However, nautilus-cd-burner is quite adequate for normal
> use, I'd think.

k3b is a fantastic program, and will be included with Fedora Core 2.

"Six menu levels" must refer to XCDRoast. In k3b you get a customisable
welcome screen with icons for easy access to functions such as burning an
ISO image. It also works equally well under KDE and Gnome.

Jonathan

PS I hope they won't have messed up the ability to burn MP3 files to CD in
the Fedora version of k3b...