Automatically installing 32-bit libraries on a x86_64 box

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri May 14 23:10:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I need to install 32-bit versions of libraries as well and the 64-bit
> versions on a x86_64 machine.  I can do this manually, but have not
> figured out how to do it automatically with kickstart or yum.   Any
> pointers?

This might be a bit inaccurate (as I have no experience with x86_64)
but the latest version of yum (2.0.7) is supporsed to help with this.

yum install package.i386

It could verywell be that all the i386/x86_64 packages are not built
properly to avoid false depnedencies/conflicts when mixing i386 &
x86_64 stuff.

Satish