Why Would Fedora be Free ? Can it be Trusted?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat May 15 01:24:09 UTC 2004

At 06:21 5/14/2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

> > >I think not, since they are interested in touting the advantages of
> > >their Enterprise line.
> >
> > Incorrect. Red Hat has more people working on Fedora now than they had
> > working on Red Hat Linux then. Plus, it would make no sense to have two
> > separate Quality Assurance processes. Hence, the answer is that yes, Red
> > Hat *does* use the same processes in search of quality assurance for
> Fedora
> > as they did for RHL.
>
>Only so far as they need it for RHEL. I don't think they apply the same
>process, although it might follow very similar task lists.

Can you substantiate or in any way support that claim? What you or I
*think* is rather irrelevant, but what I posted is directly sourced from
several Red Hat engineers and managers and I consider it a fact.

You keep saying "I think," "I don't think," and "it might." Kindly stick to
facts: what do you *know* about this topic? Can you provide *any* evidence
whatsoever that backs up your statements?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com