Avocent KVM switch -- working fine.

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat May 15 19:29:59 UTC 2004

At 23:49 5/14/2004, Karl L wrote:
>So, I ordered an Avocent online
>at:  http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/avocent-cybex-switchview.html
>
>I got the model 10045 4-port PC/2 and three sets of cables.  Each cable
>cable set is comprised of a video, keyboard and mouse cable (PS/2, as I
>said); model was CP2-6A (6' long, they didn't show the 10' model but one
>lister advised the longer cable for ease of installation).
>
>Price was $95.99 for the switch, 69.60 for the 3 cable-sets & $11 for
>ground shipping.  Took 3 days to arrive.

As far as I recall, I got my switch from CDW for around $80 or $85, which
is close. However, I did get cables from NewEgg for about $10 each, so my
total cost came out to about $140 with shipping included as opposed to $175
for Karl. Just a note for anyone else who wants to do comparison shopping.

>My thanks to those who recommended the Avocent switch.  As far as I'm
>concerned, the Avocent does everything I hoped it would.

Excellent. Happy to see a problem get solved.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com