how to change the port vnc is running?

d l popgojp at yahoo.co.jp
Sun May 16 13:47:35 UTC 2004

There are a few way to do it:

1) NAT/PAT the vnc traffic from your linux server to the
internal PC directly.
2) ssh tunnel vnc traffic though your linux NAT box.

For option (2), on the remote vnc viewing machine:
ssh -g -L 5901:pc_ip_add:5901 linux_server_ip

This command syntax works for both openssh.org/ssh.com
client.
you can now connect your vnc viewer to
localhost:1

Change the port numbers accordingly if your screen number
is'nt :1. All traffic now are tunnelling through the ssh
connection. No screen number conflicts should occur.
Optionally you enable compression with -C flag in ssh.

--- "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> からのメッセージ
: