Yum and FC2

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Sun May 16 15:08:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

> Patrick Nelson wrote:
>
> >Is upgrading to FC2 from FC1 possible with yum like you can do with
> >apget?
> >

> Possible , yes.. But not very recomended.. I always suggest using the
> install disks to upgrade (or do a clean install)..
> As always , backup your data before trying it... It may work with some
> small glitches..

For FC1 -> FC2 upgrading is NOT recommended using apt, yum or any other
depsolver. Anaconda has a fair bit of magic to fix things for you. Most
things are manually solvable but if you're using LVM "it has a high chance
of blowing up spectacularly" according to the anaconda developers - don't
bother unless you like blowing up systems :)

In any case upgrading with anaconda is the recommended way.

	- Panu -