Headless dedicated server running FC1, how do I get FC2?

Bill Williamson batkiwi at happychinchilla.com
Sun May 16 23:35:07 UTC 2004

The subject just about says it all :)

Is there a supported or suggested upgrade procedure for people who don't
have physical access to their FC1 box, or are we stuck praying nothing
goes with with apt-get or yum?  If we're forced to use apt-get or yum,
which is reccomended as being safer for the upgrade?

Or is there a way to download the ISO and run anaconda from a live
system?  I'm assuming not b/c it's been stated that the whole point of
anaconda is that it runs outside of your live environment, but some of
us just don't have physical access to the box we need to upgrade!

Suggestions and thoughts needed, as I'm sure I'm not the only one with
this problem (I saw "complaints" in the list history, but no one with a
dedicated box without physical access).

--Bill