Headless dedicated server running FC1, how do I get FC2?

Bill Williamson batkiwi at happychinchilla.com
Mon May 17 02:09:17 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 19:40, Matthew Miller wrote:
> For fedora I would expect you may want to get a set of CD's to the
> location and have the onsite people swap them as needed.  But you should
> be able to drive it from a serial console via VNC on the laptop.
>
> The sites the equipment was located in were IDCs all over the world.
> Unless you have equipment in a totally dark location there should be
> someone that can act as a pair of hands to connect things up for you.

Not an option for people using discount dedicated servers like
serverbeach/ev1servers/etc.

For example, I'm personally on serverbeach, and their only "physical"
support is a reload from fresh OS image.  They'll do config support for
x$/hr, but not actual physical support.  They own the boxes so if your
hardware fails they swap it out, so there's no "need" for access.

Arg!