Problems getting 2 NICs to work.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon May 17 14:19:38 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 17.05.2004 schrieb Kevin Kimmell um 16:01:

> I didn't realize I was "hijacking" a thread. I reviewed all of the
> threads that accumulated over the weekend and didn't see anything that
> appeared to cover this topic. I did post this same message to a forum
> and have got little response so I thought posting to this somewhat
> active list might garner quicker help. I apologize for any rules that I
> broke.

Thread hijacking does not mean that you reask a question previously
answered, but that your own posting appears to be part of an unrelated
topic. So your mail header contains

<20040517103302.GB25728 at leitl.org>
<1084800183.4273.1.camel at tuc.rep51.net>

And yes, this is the proper "forum" for asking such questions regarding
Fedora use.

> The patch level I'm using is .2188 on all machines.

Ok, good.

> Running the "ping -I eth1 yahoo.com" results in an unknow host error.
> All troubleshooting techniques that I would use for normal network
> problems seem to say that traffic isn't getting past the machine when I
> have the 2nd NIC running.

Please paste the ifcfg-eth[0,1] configuration files (they are in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/).