sendmail milter for fc1?

Aaron P. Martinez ml at proficuous.com
Mon May 17 17:38:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 11:30, hongwei at morpheus.wustl.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to install some virus/spam-scan packages on fc1 system, I
> found that many packages requires sendmail with milter supported.  My fc1
> has sendmail installed, but I don't know if it supports milter.   Does
> sendmail in fc1 have milter supported?  If yes, How to know it?  If no,
> is there any way to install it? where to get it? or it is an option in
> sendmail's setting?
Here's a suggestion,

Sounds like you're not that familiar with sendmail, and that's a good
thing.  I'd suggest getting a better MTA to begin with, Postfix is my
choice, but i know a lot that swear by qmail and or exim.

Spam and virus scanning is pretty trivial using the postfix system, many
great howtos on it and soon to be a very good rpm based instruction set
starting from the ground up.

> Thanks!
>
> Hongwei Li

Aaron