kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Mon May 17 18:32:43 UTC 2004

Marshall Clark wrote:

>Yes, am using 2.6.5-1 kernel with no problems.
>2 machines running 2.4xxx kernels.
>Linksys KVM.

ok - Let me make sure I under stand.  I HAVE:

    1 Belkin SOHO 4port using CTX Monitor MS Keyboard and IntelliMouse

    1 Windows XP Pro
    1 Redhat 7.3 Kernel 2.4.18
    1 Fedora Core 1 Latest yum'ed kernel AND the lates 2.6.5-1 kernel

When using the 7.3, re-syncing the mouse only takes a ctrl-alt-f1 ->
ctrl-alt-f7 (annoying but it works)

 When using the FC1 but the 2.4 kernel, same result.

When I boot FC1 with the 2.6 kernel, the screen goes nuts but the
ctrl-alt-f1 -> f7 does not correct the problem.  If I understand you,
the Linksys does NOT display this problem when using the 2.6 kernels?
Yes/no.  I can assure you the Belkin DOES.

Vernon