Fedora Core 2 AMD 64 Release Date?

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Mon May 17 20:38:11 UTC 2004

From: http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/

Fedora Core 2

We have set a very aggressive schedule for Fedora Core 2. Red Hat considers
two items absolutely "stop-ship" — that is, we will slip the release if
necessary to include them. These two items are the 2.6 Linux kernel and
SELinux functionality integrated into the distribution. Other areas of
technology that the Fedora Community (Red Hat and third parties together)
will focus on will include GNOME 2.6 (tight schedule, particularly dependent
on Gtk+ 2.4), KDE 3.2, more Java software using gcj (Ant, Tomcat, Jakarta,
Eclipse, but not Mozilla plugins, AWT, or Swing), and integrating work on
other architectures (at least AMD64, and possibly also SPARC).

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--