Cyber-cafe

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon May 17 21:07:51 UTC 2004

That would depend on what you wanted.

If you want to have a Cafe with internet enabled access, that
may not be too difficult. If you wanted to make money selling
internet access that is a different story.

For the Cafe with internet access, I would suggest you get
an adsl connection and some kind of hotspot type access router.

The one I have used in a few sites is the D-Link DSA-3100 along
with a D-Link DSA-3100P. On the LAN port I put a switch for
wired access with RJ45 plugs neer the tables along the walls
and on the Authentcation port I attach a wireless access point
with WEP encryption. This is a good and simple solution because
the DSA-3100P is a printer that attaches to the DSA-3100 and it
has a single button configured to print out a ticket that gives
a specified amount access time at a specific price. The sites
I setup do not charge for the access but you only get a ticket
if you purchase a meal.

Go to D-Link's website and check it out.

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you
will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.