A few Core 2 issues

Mike Loiterman mike at ascendency.net
Mon May 17 21:13:35 UTC 2004

Using Core 2 on a Dell Inspiron 7000

1.  When I boot I get an error saying:

Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- - The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- - The result of gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkbError activating XKB
configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- - The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- - The result of gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

This has something to do with the keyboard, as I get the same error
if I try to change the keyboard layout.  I've looked in XFree86.0.log
for anything related to this but I couldn't find anything.

2.  Sound is *extremely* low.  I have all the volumes at their max
and I can barely hear anything.  I had the same issue with Core 1,
but it was slightly louder.

3.  Seems like the Dekstop fonts are larger on Core 2.  Using the
same fonts and size as Core 1, but it seems like they're larger.  It
only matter cause I have to run at a large resolution on this old
laptop, so I prefer to make it as small as possible.

Any ideas

Mike Loiterman
grantADLER
Tel: 630-302-4944