Flickering screen with FC1 and Dell 8600

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 17 21:22:43 UTC 2004

> I have a flickering problem, Inspiron 8600, Nvidia 5650, but a step down
> in screen res from your model (1680x1050). I run Gnome.
>
> I see a regular flicker for about a second, which occurs every 7-8
> minutes. This is using the 5336 driver from Nvidia. For a while I used a
> packaged kernel module from livna, and didn't see the problem, but did
> have other issues (kernel upgrade and it was very difficult to get the
> driver working again).
>
> Is your flicker regular like this?

It is somewhat less frequent than this, and perhaps shorter, just a single
flicker once in a while.

I am playing with different graphics drivers at the moment, I was using the
nvidia drivers but I am now trying the rpm modules. So far my latest try
seems better, but time will tell.

thanks for suggestions.

Chris