needs advice

Homer hparker at homershut.net
Tue May 18 05:00:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 06:30, Norton wrote:
> Well, here in England you rarely see products in whichyou can read
> something like "suitable for linux"...and when you ask the customer's
> service, they know nothing about compatibility issues...
>
> Of course, I'm talking about personal computers...what I found
> interesting is that IBM is spending a huge amount of money advertising
> linux here, but they have no linux laptop to sell (I didn't check
> desktops)... this sounds, at least, controversial... I mean, somebody
> could think, "if linux is so good as claims ibm, why don't they sell
> products with it?" (again, talking about personal computers).

	That's nothing new... Ever try ordering OS/2 on an IBM? It was their
OS, and they still sold Windows on their systems..

--
Homer Parker                    /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
BOFH for homershut.net          \ / No HTML/RTF in email

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.