multiple ip's?

rolf-list at triculture.com rolf-list at triculture.com
Tue May 18 06:28:56 UTC 2004

Michael -

the best way to do it is as follows

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
#change to the directory where the ifconfig scripts are held

cp ifcfg-eth0 ifcfg-eth0:1
#copy ifcfg-eth0(configuration file for eth0) to ifcfg-eth0:1(first alias)

vi ifcfg-eth0
#edit the ip address and subnet masks to your needs, write and quit from vi

#repeat for the number of ip addresses you need to add, incrementing
icfg-eth0:x where x is the number to increment

#when you're done:

service network restart
#will restart the network interfaces and you should see the new ips when
you run:

ifconfig

Hope this helps,

Rolf Brusletto