kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue May 18 09:28:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:45, Vernon A. Fort wrote:
> Quick question, has anyone found either a hardware setup or a
> configuration tweek which will allow you to use the wheel mouse
> with a KVM device (Curently I use the Belkin SOHO 4port + audio) under
> the 2.6* kernels.

Hi Vernon
Strange that you should experience such a Problem. but I have to ask a
few Q's.
Does the scroll work if the mouse is plugged directly into the PC, (no
kvm)?
What model KVM is it?
Did you only experience the problem after migrating to the 2.6 kernel?
Which kernel is it?

The reason I must ask is I have over 40 Kvms on the production Line here
and apart from dropping the mouse between switching we have never had
any troubles with the scroll

cheers

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks