kernel 2.6 and KVM's

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Tue May 18 10:37:24 UTC 2004

Chadley Wilson wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 17:45, Vernon A. Fort wrote:
>

>>Quick question, has anyone found either a hardware setup or a
>>configuration tweek which will allow you to use the wheel mouse
>>with a KVM device (Curently I use the Belkin SOHO 4port + audio) under
>>the 2.6* kernels.
>>

>Hi Vernon
>Strange that you should experience such a Problem. but I have to ask a
>few Q's.
>Does the scroll work if the mouse is plugged directly into the PC, (no
>kvm)?
>What model KVM is it?
>Did you only experience the problem after migrating to the 2.6 kernel?
>Which kernel is it?
>
>The reason I must ask is I have over 40 Kvms on the production Line here
>and apart from dropping the mouse between switching we have never had
>any troubles with the scroll
>
>cheers

Chadley,
  It's one of the newer Belkins SOHO 4 port with audio - I got it early
last year.  The scroll mouse works under both kernels but with the 2.6
kernel, when you switch back (using KDE) the mouse goes nuts, opening
windows.  It completly looses control. The normal CTRL-ALT-F1 -> F7
re-syncs the mouse under the 2.4 kernels but does not fix it under the
2.6.  Rebooting is the only way I have found to get mouse control back.

  The resolution so far is not to use the belkins but before I switch
brands, I want to make sure this problem is not an issue with other KVM's.

Vernon