Upgrade or clean install

Mariano Draghi mdraghi at prosud.com
Tue May 18 15:28:25 UTC 2004

Mark Haney escribió:

> Right or wrong list for this yet?  Considering the sheer number of
> (fairly) major changes from  FC1 to FC2, is a clean install of FC2 a
> better option than an upgrade?  I've been debating this with friends of
> mine for a bit now and I am opening the floor to discussion on this.

Well, same here. I've been asking this myself, too. And I've also
commented on this with some friends.
I've decided to do a clean install. Mainly because my box is an upgraded
system from RH8 to FC1. That worked, but I had to deal with several
annoyances here and there... and there are some minor things that still
don't work the way I'd like.
So I don't want to add the FC1->FC2 (possible) mess on top of the
RH8->FC1 (little) one.

But the fedora-test list is plenty of SUCCESS stories from FC1 to
FC2testX... so I suppose the upgrade to the *final* release (which is a
supported migration path) should work just fine.

So I think this is very subjective, very related to you particular
situation, your time, how important your box is, your hardware... etc.

Just my $.02

--
Mariano