Patents and Linux

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue May 18 19:37:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 02:39, Chadley Wilson wrote:
snip
> Mandrakesoft would like to forewarn and mobilize its users and the
> software community about the very real threat of such a law.  Please
> contact the media, your political representatives, and your government,
> and urge them to vote against unlimited Software Patents and to revert
> to the previous European Parliament position.
>
> For further information please see the following links:
> http://swpat.ffii.org/journal/04/cons0507/index.en.html
> http://kwiki.ffii.org/SwpatcninoEn

snip

IMHO;

That these software and patent moguls can buy our government officials
(Seemingly no matter what nation) is repugnant to me and reading such
articles and postings (and I have read them all) literally turns my
stomach.

It is a shame that the people that are supposed to represent us, no
matter what nation we belong, can't hear their own people.

If one considers the rampant litigation that could follow ----
fools and jesters all, and we will pay for it not them.
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>