Upgrade or clean install

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue May 18 22:04:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 08:13, Mark Haney wrote:
> Right or wrong list for this yet?  Considering the sheer number of
> (fairly) major changes from  FC1 to FC2, is a clean install of FC2 a
> better option than an upgrade?  I've been debating this with friends of
> mine for a bit now and I am opening the floor to discussion on this.

Only upgrade when there's really no other option.
In the vast majority of scenarios, an install from scratch has numerous
advantages, one of the foremost being that you get an opportunity to
clean up the accumulated cruft.

Last time i upgraded a computer (regardless of OS), instead of an
install from scratch, the number of the year in the calendar had a
different digit for the thousands. :-P

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/