iiim problems in FC2

ryuhei yokokawa ryuheixys at fastmail.fm
Tue May 18 23:07:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:21:59 -1000, "Warren Togami" <wtogami at redhat.com>
said:

> IIIMF is the next generation unified framework for improved CJK input in
> all of our future software.  During the FC2 and FC3 cycle we need user
> reports from people like you, to know exactly what you dislike about its
> function and Look & Feel.  With your help, we will be able to do several
> updates to IIIMF and related tools during the FC2 cycle to make it
> better suit your needs.

> The current FC development schedule has XIM for removal by FC3, so it is
> imperative that you complain LOUD and HARD now.

okay so if xim is removed that means that people like me who now uses
special
word libraries from xim input systems such as Wnn7 will no longer be able
use them?  if it is necessary for some people is it possible that one
would be able to
choose between the new iiimf and the old xim in FC3?  I think that this
could potentially
cause problems in places such as japan for people to choose Turbo, or
Vine over FC.
(by the way turbo i think uses iiimf using Atok X a commercial input
system.)

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different