seeding question

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed May 19 01:21:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 13:57, Dwaine Castle wrote:

> I am using an XP Pro system to run BitTorrent.  I tried several sites over
> the last 24 hours, but never achieved more than 5-20 KB/s with uploads in
> the 40-60 KB/s range.

Yup, the torrent sites are overloaded.
Just let it run a bit more, don't kill it immediately. It takes a while
until the speed goes up.

Even then it's not too fast, again probably because the master sites are
too busy. See attached MRTG to see how my downloads go (first bump was
the three binary CDs, second bump is the still going DVD download).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/