Odd tcp dump? was: ssh working with dialup, not through router

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed May 19 06:12:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 00:09:35 AM +0200, Alexander Dalloz
(alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de) wrote:
> Am Di, den 18.05.2004 schrieb M. Fioretti um 23:51:
>
> > > The recommended solutions require to turn off ECN support
> > >
> > > sysctl and /etc/sysctl.conf
> > > (Add net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0 to sysctl.conf)
> >
> > This is not present in my /etc/sysctl.conf file. Do I only have to
> > add it to the end? And does it require reboot (I have other stuff
> > running here now)?
>
> Run "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn" to see to what value the ECN is
> actually set. On FC1 per default it is off (=0).

It is the same here, 0.

No need to do it again, then, right?

Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.