Boot options

robin-lists at robinbowes.com robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed May 19 06:51:23 UTC 2004

robin-lists at robinbowes.com wrote:
> Chris Kloiber wrote:
>> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 06:23, robin-lists at robinbowes.com wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Someone asked on the list recently about installing to alternative
>>> filesystems. The way to do this was to pass the name of the file
>>> system as a parameter when booting, e.g. "linux XFS" or whatever.
>>>
>>> This has led me to wonder what other boot options are available. Is
>>> there a definitive list somewhere that explains what options are
>>> available and what they all do?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Anaconda is open-source. "Use the code, Luke..."
>
> Chris,
>
> Is it Anaconda that provides these options, or is it the kernel?
>
> I suppose your suggestion holds good for both :o)

I checked out the anaconda source and, in the docs directory is a file
"command-line.txt" which lists all the anaconda command line options with a
short description. However, there is no mention in there of the filesystem
options to which I refer above. I can only conclude that I'm looking in the
wrong place and that these are indeed a kernel options

I'm grabbing the tettnang DVD ISO from bittorrent as I type so I'll burn
myself a DVD and experiment.

Cheers,

R.