FC2 installation problem.

Jack Spaar jspaar at myrealbox.com
Wed May 19 07:32:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 09:01:50 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2004, Jack Spaar wrote:
>
>> I have the same problem with an upgrade from FC1.  I was able to
>> switch to a USB mouse on the fly, but can't get the ps/2 mouse working
>> again.
>
> Run "/usr/sbin/fix-mouse-psaux" and restart X. That's one of those things
> I think anaconda should be doing but didn't for me (and obviously for you
> two neither)

Thanks Panu, but that didn't fix it for me.  My xconfig has these:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

[...]

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"