Strange behavior after connecting.......

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 19 14:10:32 UTC 2004

Dear all:

I have encountered a strange behavior with my Ethernet connection, I wonder
if anyone had this before and can offer some help.

At first, I had trouble activating my dhcp connection. I then tried a few
times and finally got it activated by untick the 'device alias number' and
make the nick name 'eth0'.

So, ok, I am now connected. But now the system behaves rather strangely.
Things like mozilla and the terminal just quits after displaying 'starting
terminal' 'starting mozilla' at the task bar for a while. And I can't get
either Network Device Control or Network window to open again. The problem
stays even if I deactivate the connection. The only thing I can do is to
reboot the machine.

Has anyone had this before?

Many thanks

CHUN