Unprobed Monitor

Prasanth Kumar lunix at comcast.net
Wed May 19 15:23:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 09:24 -0700, Techne Inc. wrote:
> Installed Fedora without a hitch. However, it could not identify my
> monitor - A Toshiba Tekbright. As a result, have a maximum resolution of 800
> x 600 which is awful on my monitor. I am used to 1024 x 768. Tried Generic
> 17" CRT but didn't work correctly either - taskbar off the screen etc.,
>
> What can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --

See if you can use the Preferences:Screen Resolution to bump up the
resolution. Otherwise you need to manually tweak the horizontal and
vertical frequency in the X configuration based on your monitor manual.
If the manual is not available, use google to search for the exact
model. Search for and modify these two lines in the configuration.

        HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0

--
Regards,