GPM problems

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Wed May 19 17:27:55 UTC 2004

sounds like you selected 3 button mouse when you only had a 2 button mouse.

system-config-mouse is your friend.  use the tab key to move around.

William M. Quarles said:
> Hi List,
>
> I am having problems with using my mouse in text mode.  It works fine in
> XFree86.  But in text mode, every time that the mouse is moved, it's
> drawn like a magnet to the top right corner, and acts as if I'm clicking
> buttons repeatedly (basically the same as if there is an intermittent
> break in the mouse cord).  If I leave the mouse alone, it doesn't
> interfere.  Then again, it doesn't help either.
>
> I have Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.2A.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas on this?  If not, I'm going to commit it as
> a bug.
>
> Thanks,
> William
>

> --

+( duncan brown : duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net )+
+(  linux "just works" : www.linuxadvocate.net  )+

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing
a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be
big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT
clones"
         - Linus Torvalds, August 1991