install needs a driver disc

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed May 19 19:38:53 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 22.05.2004 schrieb Antti um 04:54:

> I tried the hard-drive installation method. Put the initrd.img and
> vmlinuz files to the right place and booted with them. When I select the
> Hard drive option from the installation methods I get the prompt where
> it asks if I want to use a driver disc. Is suppose this isn't a bug.
> What drivers do I need?
>
> Is it possible to start ftp or http installations without a floppy or a
> cdrom? I'm just wondering my options to get the new FC2 installed.

What hardware do you have? Do you have SCSI or what kind of ATA
(motherboard, chipset, controller)?

And please correct your date / time setting. You are posting from the
future.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 21:37:10 up 6 days, 19:21, load average: 0.18, 0.26, 0.20
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]