FC2 Install - doesn't detect aic78xx

Jeff Graves jeff at image-src.com
Wed May 19 19:55:40 UTC 2004

Trying to install FC2 on a SuperMicro 370DL3 motherboard (ServerWorks
chipset) with P3-933MHz,512MB ECC,36GB SCSI hard drive. System boots off
of CD and gets to text-based portion of install and asks to check media.
After that it informs me that no hard drives were found and asks if I
would like to select the driver. Attempting to select aic78xx yields a
"aic78xx loading...." message but still does not detect the card. FC1
install went perfectly. I tried a few command line options (mem=512,
nodma, and tried text install - all same results). Anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff Graves, MCP
Customer Support Engineer