yum upgrade to FC2

Christof Damian christof at damian.net
Thu May 20 08:06:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004, Christof Damian wrote:
> >
> >   yum remove redhat-config-*
> >   yum -c yum-fc2.conf update
> >   yum install system-config-*
>
> If you used 'yum upgrade' instead of 'yum update' you wouldn't have to
> mess around with the extra package removes/installs.

I just tried a second machine with "yum upgrade", which indeed got
around the "redhat-config-*" problem. But somehow it didn't install
the new kernel, so the whole thing went like this:

  yum -c yum-fc2.conf upgrade
  yum install kernel

The whole result was better though, because of the handling of
obsolete packages.

This machine had other problems though and it came up with wlan,
bluetooth and sound not working. But that should be easy to fix.

Christof
--
Christof Damian
christof at damian.net